Organization: McMullen Central Appraisal District
Location: 207 Ash St, Tilden, TX 78072
Position: Appraiser, Full-Time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs field inspections and confirms property classification and characteristics.
- Performs residential, land, personal, and commercial appraisals, as assigned, to determine estimates of value based on established standards and policies.
- Utilizes a computer and available software to collect, edit, and input data.
- Responds to inquiries, complaints, and informational requests from property owners or their authorized agents over the telephone, in person, and/or via correspondence.
- Read and interpret deeds to determine changes that need to be made.
- Some clerk duties including but not limited to answering phones and processing mail.
- May prepare and present information to explain, justify or defend appraisal district values/exemption status before the Appraisal Review Board.
- Commitment to teamwork and providing exceptional public service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional and efficient manner
- Sharp attention to detail
- Strong math skills
- Computer skills including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Requirements / Experience
High school diploma or GED. Previous experience in appraisal, real estate, or deed work is helpful but not required. Must be willing to attain certification as a Registered Professional Appraiser within five years after initial registration and successfully complete other training as required by the Chief Appraiser. Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license.
How to Apply
Submit resume to Blaine Patterson by:
Mail: PO Box 338, Tilden, TX 78072
If you have any inquiries about the position, please call us at (361)274-3638